Saturday, June 29, 2013

Imaginary Soundtrack Project Part One

Here's something I came up with to keep me from going to bed at a reasonable hour. I've been thinking about an imaginary soundtrack for an imaginary movie that an imaginary studio will one day make out of my upcoming-- un-imaginary-- novel, BLACK CENTIPEDE CONFIDENTIAL.



I'm still pondering it, and would certainly welcome any suggestions. So far, here is what I have-- complete with links to the songs on YouTube, so you don't have to imagine that part. (There will be imaginary updates as the imaginary project progresses-- imaginarily.)



MAIN TITLE/BLACK CENTIPEDE'S THEME: "Magic and Ecstacy" - Ennio Morricone


MORIARTY'S THEME: "Verne Langdon's Carnival Of Souls"
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMtM41M5uNs

ANONYMOUSHKA'S THEME: "Look What They've Done to my Song Ma" - The New Seekers


"GOOD" MARY JANE'S THEME: "Una Paloma Blanca" - George Baker Selection


"BAD" MARY JANE'S THEME: "The Curse of Millhaven" by Nick Cave


AMELIA EARHART'S THEME: "Bumble Boogie" - B. Bumble and the Stingers


INCIDENTAL MUSIC

"Stagger Lee" - Professor Longhair

"Brother Can You Spare a Dime" - Ronnie Lane


"Joan Crawford (Has Risen From the Grave)" - Blue Oyster Cult https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKpxuptvQYU

1 comment:

  1. There are certain styles of music I listen to when I write, depending upon what I'm working on and my mood at the time; but I have never thought about assigning my characters themes. Although it will be a lot easier for Alpha the Superhero than Hugh Monn, Private Detective; will have to stop and think about this and see what I can come up with.
    Lee Houston, Junior
    A friend of the author and writer/creator of the properties mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete